STH 175 (Pilgrim Road & Menomonee Avenue)
Located on State Trunk Highway 175 (Appleton Avenue) is a series of complicated intersections in the village of Menomonee Falls. The intersections were in need of upgrades to meet ADA compliance, improve pedestrian access, upgrade traffic signaling and lighting, and add additional turn bays. A strong female-led team from Zenith Tech (ZTI) and Payne+Dolan (P+D) partnered with subcontractors to develop an intricate plan to coordinate the work within a tight project timeline.
- ZTI removed and excavated existing areas.
- P+D engineering staked construction site.
- P+D construction patched asphalt pavement and completed 2" mill and overlay of each intersection in four nights.
- ZTI reconfigured medians, installed new curb and gutters, and completed decorative concrete stamping on Pilgrim Road.
- Storm sewers were replaced throughout project.
- Traffic signals and lighting upgraded by MP Systems.
- Project began on June 8, 2020 and was completed on September 7, 2020.
- ZTI team established an alternate phasing and pedestrian detour plan to ensure the project would be completed within the
- With multiple contractors working on one corner at a time, a precise workflow schedule ensured the project progressed efficiently and remained on-schedule.
- Establishing alternative detours was difficult; therefore, the milling and overlaying was performed at night. Turn lanes remained open as opposed to a full closure of the project. Additional safety parameters were implemented to accommodate this.