Door County Parks
The rising waters of Lake Michigan and Green Bay have put several Door County peninsula parks at risk of erosion. The Walbec Group family of companies including Payne + Dolan (P+D), Northeast Asphalt (NEA), and Premier Concrete (PCI) came together to provide the depth of resources the City of Sturgeon Bay needed to complete these projects. Added value was realized through our ability to self-perform the drilling and blasting operations at our quarries to make custom armor stone that the City of Sturgeon Bay requested. This depth of resources with both equipment and material improved efficiency and productivity.
- Supplied and placed 1,100 ton of rip rap, 6-12" in size, to fill-in areas with significant erosion.
- Capped the entire shoreline with 2,100 ton of armor rip rap, averaging 20" in size at a 2:1 slope to break waves.
- Dimensional stone walls were installed in areas along the shoreline to break up the rip rap and enhance the aesthetic appeal of the shoreline.
BAY VIEW PARK
- Supplied and placed 800 tons of small rip rap, 6-12" in size, to fill-in areas with significant erosion.
- Capped the entire shoreline with 1,800 ton of armor rip rap averaging 30" in size at a 2:1 slope to break waves.