We are also hiring for other Site Concrete positions including:
Zenith Tech Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Zenith Tech Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Gradall Operator and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture, and work with an industry leading company in heavy road and highway construction.
This position is in preparation for our upcoming 2024 season to begin in Spring.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Multi-year Milwaukee Business Journal Best Place to Work honoree and a Best Place to Work by Employ Humanity.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for an Operator responsible for operating a Gradall Excavator along with several other types of construction equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This equipment may include, but is not limited to skid steers, backhoes, front-end loaders, dozers, graders, compactors, and other pieces of equipment. This position is in preparation for our upcoming 2022 season and beyond.
- Our union employees enjoy the quality benefits provided by our union partners. Additionally, union employees have access to a variety of training on our Walbec employee website portal for personal and professional development.
- Projects will vary by location, so reliable transportation and a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed. Our projects are typically located throughout Southeast WI. and west to Madison, WI.
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- A Class A CDL is strongly desired.
- Experience operating equipment, and the ability to operate a Gradall.
- Able to read and understand grade stakes, automated machine control cab displays, etc.
- Depending on assignment, able to properly utilize equipment to accomplish tasks involving grade, slope, yield, etc. as needed.
- Depending on assignment, able to safely maneuver machinery in tight quarters, around people, traffic and utilities.
- Clean, maintain and secure all equipment.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
- Assist with repairs as needed.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Able to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed.
- Be able to tolerate and work in variable weather conditions, and work in dirty and dusty environments.
- When not operating equipment, be willing to labor as needed.
- Member of a Local Operators Union, or willingness to become a union member are required. Union membership is not required prior to employment. Our Human Resources Department is available to assist in that process as needed.
- Successfully pass, or has passed the Operators Union aptitude test when required.
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent wages and benefits packages offered through local trade union.
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative and exciting projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture throughout the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands that the unique abilities and differences of our team members drives innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.