We are also hiring for other Site Concrete positions including:
- Concrete Finisher (Waukesha, WI)
- Heavy Equipment Operator (Waukesha, WI)
Zenith Tech a Walbec Group Company
This position is eligible for an incredible sign-on bonus of $1,500 paid after 2 weeks of work and $1,500 paid after 26 weeks of work!
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Zenith Tech of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Foreman and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry. The Company:
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Multi-year Milwaukee Business Journal Best Place to Work honoree and a Best Place to Work by Employ Humanity.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for a Concrete Foreman responsible for accurate reporting of materials, equipment, and hours of work as well as the management and safety of the personnel on his/her crew and the safety of the public and ensuring regulatory and safety measures are maintained. Operate a variety of power equipment and use other machinery as needed. Perform other duties as assigned under the direction of the Superintendent or other management.
- Our union employees enjoy the quality benefits and compensation provided by our union partners. Additionally, union employees have access to a variety of training courses on our Walbec employee website for personal and professional development.
- Zenith Tech is primarily located in Southeastern Wisconsin, but project locations will vary by location, so reliable transportation and a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed. A company vehicle will be provided for this position.
- This position may include projects and travel in Fond Du Lac, WI. And Green Bay, WI.
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- A CDL is desired but not necessary for hire.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Able to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed.
- Be able to tolerate and work in variable weather conditions, and work in dirty and dusty environments.
- Member of a local trade union, or willingness to become a union member are required. Union membership is not required prior to hire. Our Human Resources Department is available to assist in that process as needed.
- 3-5 years of experience in the construction trade, and 2-4 years of experience in a sub-foreman or leadership role.
- Ability to manage own time, and time of other construction industry personnel efficiently
- Ability to motivate, develop, direct, and lead a team.
- Prior leadership experience.
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent wages and benefits packages offered through local trade union.
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative and exciting projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture throughout the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands that the unique abilities and differences of our team members drives innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.