Milwaukee Asphalt Terminal Rehabilitation
The Construction Resources Management (CRM) Liquid Asphalt Storage Terminal, located in the Port Milwaukee, is surrounded by sheet piling and was experiencing erosion concerns. Our Zenith Tech (ZTI) team, in collaboration with Payne + Dolan (P+D) engineering, built a cap and shore wall to repair over 1,000 feet of shoreline and prevent the Lake Michigan waves from eroding the shoreline.
- The project consisted of two phases beginning in the fall of 2020 and concluding in June of 2021.
- During phase one, the foundation was prepped, excavation for the wall completed, structural components installed, and concrete formed and poured.
- Phase two included the construction of an additional splash wall utilizing sheet piling that was customized to sit over the existing sheet pile wall tie-back system.
- The sheeting splash wall is tied into the phase one concrete splash wall to complete erosion mitigation around the entire site.
- The project was designed in-house by our P+D Engineering & Surveying Services team.
Construction Resources Management, Inc.