We are also hiring for other Equipment & Repair positions including:
Parisi, a Walbec Group Company
Dane County, WI
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Parisi, Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come use your experience as a Yard Laborer and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency that has made us an industry leading company in heavy and highway construction.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Multi-year Milwaukee Business Journal Best Place to Work honoree and Best Place to Work by Employ Humanity.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com/projects
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for a Yard Laborer to work in the Dane County area. Under the direction of the Shop Foreman, the Yard Laborer will support various people and departments, and will also provide support by moving concrete forms, pipe parts, and keeping the yard organized.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Keeps designated shop and yard areas clean and organized
- Maintain the facility in a clean, neat, orderly, secure condition.
- Perform maintenance and repairs to company tools and equipment as needed.
- Assist technicians as needed i.e., pull and deliver parts, assist with tear downs, parts cleaning, mechanical support, etc.
- Clean service bay, mops floors, dispose of used oil, filters and coolants properly.
- Complete minor repairs as needed.
- Monitor and advise management of needed shop supplies.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- This position will based out of our yard in Verona, WI.
- A valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record. (CDL preferred or the ability to obtain)
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong technical understanding, good problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and thoroughness
- Adaptable to new equipment and a willingness to learn and be trained
- Knowledge and ability to properly use various equipment and tools
- Must be a motivated, punctual and dependable self-starter with good communication skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with others
- The ability to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed
- Be able to tolerate and work in typical heavy shop environment as part of a large team
- Ability to drive a forklift and obtain a CCP Forklift Certification
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like health, dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, and HRA contribution, company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!Apply Now