We are also hiring for other Construction Management positions including:
Solar Project Executive
Solar Project Executive
Zenith Tech, Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Zenith Tech of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Solar Project Executive and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Multi-year Milwaukee Business Journal Best Place to Work honoree and a Best Place to Work by Employ Humanity.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We are seeking an experienced, dynamic leader to join our company as a Project Executive for the Solar Division. The Project Executive is the senior manager of the estimating and project team and leads the completion of solar projects from initial bid through close out. The Project Executive's primary responsibilities are fostering and maintaining customer relationships, managing, and developing the team, and delivering profitable solar projects safely and on time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Business Development and Customer Satisfaction
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of strategies designed to grow the solar division.
- Ensure safe, on-time delivery of quality solar projects resulting in customer satisfaction and repeat business; build and maintain positive working relationships with customers.
- Identify new project opportunities and professionally represent the company to outside agencies and organizations.
- Estimating and Preconstruction
- Conduct bid review meetings and involve Executives as needed.
- Review and approve all estimates and schedules prepared for negotiated projects and hard bid jobs, as well as finalize and sign off on project budgets.
- Responsible for the administration and implementation of all pre-construction phases of work, including budgeting, scheduling, procurement, subcontract development, shop drawings & submissions, design coordination, and means and methods review.
- Lead project planning, including start up meetings and planning sessions.
- Project Profitability and Management
- Owns project outcomes; continuously monitors project actual versus budget performance to project cost over-runs and develop plan to mitigate potential losses; provides technical advice and assistance to project teams.
- Conduct weekly job cost and job productivity reviews and analyze to identify any projects at risk; coordinate and lead all efforts to course correct or minimize project losses and impacts.
- Capable of hands-on project management level work and assisting direct reports in troubleshooting problems or managing through difficult situations.
- Directly supervise the activities of project teams to ensure compliance with company policies, reporting requirements, and safety and quality standards.
- Safety Engagement
- Leadership level engagement in creating, implementing, and driving solar division safety program
- Ensure that project specific safety requirements are met and that daily JHAs and safety audits are being completed by the PM team
- Employee Performance Management and Development
- Own team performance including recruitment and hiring, performance evaluations, and staff trainings.
- Support the development of a healthy internal culture that retains employees and encourages their professional development.
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays. We are big fans of our "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company-paid short-and long-term disability with company contribution, paid parental leave, profit sharing, and a robust Walbec training program.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Construction Management or similar field preferred
- Extensive and diversified estimating and project management experience in Construction with 10 + years of management responsibility
- Solar, Commercial, Institutional, Industrial, and Healthcare electrical construction experience preferred
- Ability to read plans and specifications, and review installation drawings
- Labor review and tracking
- Microsoft Office Suite proficient, Excel expert
- Valid Driver's License with ability to pass MVR
- Excellent and effective Communication
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Reading and comprehension
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office programs
- Strong people skills and emotional intelligence
- Financial analysis and reporting experience
- Safety, quality and other project management skills
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members drive innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative and exciting projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!