We are also hiring for other Construction Management positions including:
Solar Project Engineer
Project Engineer - Solar Division
Zenith Tech, Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Zenith Tech of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Project Engineer and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Multi-year Milwaukee Business Journal Best Place to Work honoree and a Best Place to Work by Employ Humanity.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
The Project Engineer assists and supports the Project Team with day-to-day tasks such as bidding, scheduling, contracts, billing and collection within our electrical division.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Project Managers with all duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Project Management Areas
- Scope Management
- Schedule Build-Out
- Cost Management
- Quality Management
- Resource Management
- Communications Management
- Risk Management
- Procurement Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Financial Forecasting Analysis
- Works with Operations, Engineering, Shop, Resource Management, and Estimating departments to learn these areas of the business and gain critical understanding
- Is learning contracting methods, terms, and conditions
- Is learning standard specifications and construction best practices
- Understand and utilize digital tools such as HCSS, Bluebeam, AWS, Primavera P6, and Smartsheet
- Attends project meetings (Pre-Construction, Planning, Scheduling, etc.)
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Overnight travel 3-4 days per week throughout Midwest (mainly SE WI and IL)
- Project Management Areas
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays. We are big fans of our "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company-paid short-and long-term disability with company contribution, paid parental leave, profit sharing, and a robust Walbec training program.
Zenith Tech is located primarily in Waukesha, but projects will vary by location throughout the local area, the state, or northern Illinois so reliable transportation and/or a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management or engineering, vocational training, certification from an accredited organization or combination of schooling and relevant work experience
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
- Communication, interpersonal, resiliency, negotiation, and decision making skills
- Stakeholder management and business literacy skills
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Self-directed and motivated
- Take initiative to identify and anticipate organizational needs and make recommendations for implementation
- Electrical background is a plus
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members drive innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative and exciting projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!