We are also hiring for other Craft & Skilled Trades positions including:
Small Engine/Small Tool Repair Technician
Small Engine/Small Tool Repair Technician
Zenith Tech a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career supporting our operations in road, highway, and bridge construction? Zenith Tech of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Small Engine/Small Tool Repair Technician and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture, and work with an industry leading company in heavy road and highway construction.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Multi-year Milwaukee Business Journal Best Place to Work honoree and a Best Place to Work by Employ Humanity.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for a Small Engine/Small Tool Repair Technician responsible for inspecting, servicing, and performing routine engine maintenance. The Technician will also identify mechanical, electrical, and fuel system problems and make necessary repairs, repair or replace broken and defective parts, keep records of inspections, test results, work performed, and parts used.
- Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful. We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays. We are big fans of our "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company-paid short and long-term disability, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution, paid parental leave where applicable and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- Monday-Friday 600am-330pm, with possible overtime and some Saturdays.
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Be able to tolerate working in a shop manufacturing environment.
- Be able to tolerate and work in variable weather conditions, and work in dirty and dusty environments.
- Be self-directed and motivated.
- Good communication skills and a team player.
- Prior small engine repair experience or training is highly desirable.
- Ability to work on small electrical tools/equipment of various types such as skilsaws, drills, grinders, concrete equipment, and boat motors.
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent wages and benefits packages offered through local trade union.
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, exciting projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
- Recent technical school graduates and/or high school graduates with automotive experience are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture throughout the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands that the unique abilities and differences of our team members drive innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!