Sturgeon Bay, WI
We are also hiring for other Asphalt & Concrete Production positions including:
Ready mix Concrete Driver
Ready mix Concrete Driver
Premier Concrete, Inc. -A Walbec Group Company
Door County, WI
Are you looking for an exciting career in construction? Premier Concrete, Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come use your experience with hands-on work and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency that has made us an industry leading company in heavy and highway construction
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Multi-year Milwaukee Business Journal Best Place to Work honoree and a Best Place to Work by Employ Humanity.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. https://www.walbecgroup.com/projects
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers
We are looking for a Ready-mix Concrete Driver to transport and unload ready mixed concrete from our batch plants to customer job sites in a safe and legal manner. Drivers may also operate dump trucks for aggregate transfer and delivery and operate other heavy equipment. In addition, this position performs other varied tasks related to supporting the concrete plant and pre-cast facility operations.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Deliver products in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining quality standards and specifications, including slump, air and PSI measurements for concrete delivery
- Ensure strict compliance with safety, environmental, health, and other company policies, procedures, and principles established by government agencies and Premier Concrete
- Perform daily truck maintenance including DOT daily inspection, fueling, greasing, and related
- Actively participate in safety efforts as part of a safety-first environment
- Add various ingredients to concrete loads such as fibers, color, and admixtures
- Operate related equipment effectively, such as loader, forklift, skidsteer, and other hand and power tools to support plant operations
- Support and participate in pre-cast operations at plant facilities
- Load, transport and deliver aggregates using a dump truck from various pits, quarries or sites as required by plant or customer needs
- Properly fill out and return all required paperwork for customer orders and internal requirements
- Participate in general plant maintenance and yard cleanliness and perform other related duties as assigned.
We have the usual suspects like Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium Medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), 401k & Profit Sharing with generous company contributions and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- Premier Concrete offices are located in Sturgeon Bay and Baileys Harbor, WI.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- Possess, or be willing to obtain and maintain a valid commercial driver's license (CDL) Class A or Class B with air brake endorsement
- Possess and maintain a valid commercial driver's license (CDL) Health Card
- Must be, or able to become, knowledgeable in the " Basics" of Concrete
- Have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions (oral and written)
- Above average communication and customer service skills
Why Should You Apply?
Walbec Group is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals
- A strong Safety-First culture
- Be part of the support team that helps build innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state
- Family-oriented, supportive environment
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!