We are also hiring for other Business Operations Support positions including:
Construction Resources Management, Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Construction Resources Management of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Purchasing Agent and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Multi-year Milwaukee Business Journal Best Place to Work honoree and a Best Place to Work by Employ Humanity.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
Under the direction of the Purchasing Manager, the Purchasing Agent procures the highest quality product, for the lowest possible price, within the timeframe needed to meet the needs of the company's internal customers.
Role and Responsibilities
- Create purchase and sale orders in an accurate and timely manner.
- Recommend products and parts by comparing available items and evaluating customer.
- Verify source data and research incomplete information as required.
- Obtain competitive quotes and negotiate vendor pricing discounts and payment terms.
- Manage consignment and consumable accounts as assigned.
- Help resolve data discrepancies. Work with clients, vendors, and colleagues to address problems quickly.
- Process repairs and returns through completion to ensure credits are issued when appropriate.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies to ensure vendor payment terms are met.
- Participate in the development of process improvement initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned by manager.
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays. We are big fans of our "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company-paid short-and long-term disability with company contribution, paid parental leave, profit sharing, and a robust Walbec training program.
- Bachelor's degree, vocational training, certification from an accredited organization or combination of schooling and relevant work experience.
- Modest understanding of inventory management and contract negotiations.
- Experience with relevant computer applications such as MS Office, Excel, Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Organized and attentive to detail.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record.
- BS in Business, Economics, or Supply-Chain Management.
- Minimum 2-3 years of buying experience.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- Experienced and effective negotiator.
- Prior experience working in a purchasing or supply chain role.
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members drive innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative and exciting projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!