We are also hiring for other Construction Materials Management positions including:
- Materials Technology Center Supervisor (Gladstone, MI)
Payne + Dolan, Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Payne + Dolan of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Mine Planner and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Multi-year Milwaukee Business Journal Best Place to Work honoree and a Best Place to Work by Employ Humanity.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for a Mine Planner responsible for:
- Exploration / Property Evaluation
- Assist in the evaluation of new properties including preparing purchase investigation summaries for potential property acquisitions
- Test and evaluate potential aggregate site properties to determine the quantity and quality of materials
- Reserve Analysis
- Prepare short and long term reserve analysis for aggregate sites including gravel pits and quarries
- Create site maps outlining reserves location, quantity, depth, quality, etc.
- Site/Mine Planning
- Develop short and long term mining operations plans detailing the most advisable and economical direction to mine a particular site, including the location of berms, overburden stockpiles, plant sites, haul roads, wash ponds, new extraction areas, areas to be reclaimed, etc.
- Prepare Operations, Phasing and Reclamation plans for aggregates sites
- Analyze and develop life of mine operational costs for aggregate sites
- Assist Mine Planning Manager and Aggregate Site Managers on planning and implementation of mine plans
- Plans & Proposals
- Work with aggregate supervisors to prepare various plans and proposals including, stripping proposals, emergency response plans, site specific maps, site layouts, crushing plant layouts, etc.
- Prepare plans and supporting submittal documents for new mineral extraction permitting applications
- Field Surveying
- Coordinate all GPS services needed with site managers, such as inventory, stripping, reserves, site layouts, etc.
- Use drone, Pix4D processing and surveying software to assist in field measuring to assist in stockpile inventory and the creation of base maps
- Work with safety manager, aggregate site managers and field personnel to learn MSHA laws and regulations and promote safety within the organization.
- Provide leadership and be a safety role model by promoting and enforcing safe work habits.
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays. We are big fans of our "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company-paid short-and long-term disability with company contribution, paid parental leave, profit sharing, and a robust Walbec training program.
- Bachelor's degree in mining, geological engineering, or comparable experience
- 3-5 years of experience in open pit or quarry mining
- Experience with drone technology and Part 107 drone operator certified
- Experience with AUTOCAD, CIVIL 3D, Carlson Mining or other mining software needed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record.
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members drive innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative and exciting projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!