$22 - $28 per hour
We are also hiring for other Quality Control & Environmental Compliance positions including:
- Quality Control Lab Technician (Green Bay, WI)
- Quality Control Lab Technician (Fond du Lac, WI)
- Quality Control Lab Technician (Appleton, WI)
- Technical Services Administrator (Greenville, WI)
Materials Technology Center Lab Technician
Payne + Dolan Inc., a Walbec Group Company
Payne + Dolan, Inc. operates a Materials Technology Center (MTC) in our Waukesha location. This accredited materials laboratory performs testing of construction materials, creates designs for asphalt mixtures, and conducts mixture performance and research testing . Under the direction of the MTC Team Supervisor, it is the responsibility of the MTC Technician to perform quality testing services while maintaining a safe environment and compliance with specifications, organizational policies, procedures, and ethical standards. The position operates in an industrial laboratory setting, working with asphalt materials and other related construction materials.
Role and Responsibilities
- Perform standardized testing of construction
- Be capable of performing standard mathematical computations per the testing procedures
- Communicate and report correct test results, including documentation of the specific test(s) performed and required paperwork, to all necessary internal and external staff
- Create and maintain accurate records on all testing performed, including any action taken
- Ensure that all equipment is working properly, and assist with equipment maintenance, lab calibrations and general lab maintenance and housekeeping
- Communicate and collaborate in a professional manner with both internal and external customers
- Assist with asphalt binder testing, as needed, at the binder laboratory located in Milwaukee, WI.
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record. Reliable transportation to either the Pewaukee MTC laboratory or the Milwaukee binder laboratory.
- Strong organization and communication skills and works well in a team environment.
- The ability to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously; and the ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision; must be a self-starter.
- The ability to frequently lift 50 - 70 pounds and to physically perform the required tests.
- The ability to understand and follow all established and required company safety guidelines.
- The ability to obtain the necessary certifications required to perform assigned duties.
- The ability to strictly adhere to company established laboratory standards.
- Ability to obtain certifications necessary to perform the necessary test procedures
- Technical degree in an engineering or science discipline
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to travel locally and regionally as needed
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of the construction industry
- Be able to tolerate weather conditions from extreme heat or cold
- Work in a dirty and dusty environment
- Be able to walk and/or stand for extended time (up to an entire day's shift)
- Be able to comprehend, understand and follow policies, procedures and safety requirements
- Have the ability to hear and see to the level of accomplishment for above requirements
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected and valued.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.