We are also hiring for other Site Concrete positions including:
- Concrete Foreman (Waukesha, WI)
- Concrete Finisher (Waukesha, WI)
Heavy Equipment Operator
Heavy Equipment Operator
Zenith Tech a Walbec Group Company
This position is eligible for an incredible sign-on bonus of $250 paid 2 weeks after hire, and $250 paid after 13 weeks of work.
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Zenith Tech Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Heavy Equipment Operator and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Multi-year Milwaukee Business Journal Best Place to Work honoree and Best Place to Work by Employ Humanity.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
Under the direction of the Foreman, we're looking for a Heavy Equipment Operator responsible for operating several types of power construction equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This equipment may include but is not limited to, vermeers, gradalls, backhoes, excavators, front-end loaders, skid steers, dozers, graders, compactors, and other pieces of equipment.
- Our union employees enjoy the quality benefits provided by our union partners. Additionally, union employees have access to a variety of training courses on our Walbec employee website for personal and professional development.
- Zenith Tech is primarily located in Southeastern Wisconsin, but projects will vary by location, so reliable transportation and a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed.
- Valid Driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- A Class A CDL is desired but not necessary prior to hire.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Able to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, weekends, as needed.
- Be able to tolerate and work in variable weather conditions, and work in dirty and dusty environments.
- Member of a Local Operators Union, or willingness to become a union member are required. Union membership may not be required prior to employment. Our Human Resources Department is available to assist in that process if needed.
- Successfully pass or has passed the Operators Union aptitude test when required.
- Ability to clean, maintain, and assist in repairing equipment.
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent wages and benefits packages offered through local trade union.
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative and exciting projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture throughout the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands that the unique abilities and differences of our team members drive innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.