We are also hiring for other Heavy Highway Construction positions including:
- Operator in Grading Equipment (Waukesha, WI)
- Road Grader Operator (Madison, WI)
- Experienced Asphalt Paving Operator (Waukesha, WI)
- Experienced Asphalt Roller Operator (Milwaukee, WI)
Experienced Skidsteer Operator
Experienced Skidsteer Operator
Northeast Asphalt, Inc. -A Walbec Group Company
Green Bay and Appleton areas, Wisconsin
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Northeast Asphalt, Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come use your experience as a Road Mill Operator and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency that has made us an industry leading company in heavy and highway construction The Company:
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2022 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. https://www.walbecgroup.com/open-positions
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for Experienced Skidsteer Operator responsible for operating several types of paving equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This equipment may include, but is not limited to, large and small road milling machines and broom tractors. These positions are seasonal and will follow the upcoming spring work schedules.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Operate equipment and machinery to mill & pulverize surfaces at construction sites and perform related cleanup
- Work with one or several types of power construction equipment in a safe and effective manner to minimize the risk of injury and property damage
- Be able to understand automated machine control cab displays, etc.
- Depending on assignment, be able to understand and attain specific plan grades.
- Safely maneuver machinery in tight quarters, around people, traffic and utilities
- Clean, maintain and secure all equipment
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed
- Assist with repairs as needed
- Our union employees enjoy the quality benefits provided through our partnership with Operator's Local 139. Additionally, union employees have access to a variety of training on our Walbec employee website portal for personal and professional development.
- Northeast Asphalt is located primarily in Northeastern Wisconsin, but projects will vary by location throughout the local area or the state, so reliable transportation and/or a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- A CDL is required
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred
- Must be punctual and dependable
- Have the ability to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed
- Be able to tolerate and work in variable weather conditions, and work in dirty and dusty environments
- Experience with Mills, Skidsteers and/or Broom Tractors is preferred.
- Member of the appropriate trade union or willingness to become a union member are required. Union membership may not be required prior to employment. Our Human Resources Department is able to assist in that process as needed
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals
- A strong Safety-First culture
- Be part of the support team that helps build innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state
- Family-oriented, supportive environment
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer, and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!