We are also hiring for other Heavy Highway Construction positions including:
Experienced Asphalt Operator
Experienced Asphalt Operator
Payne and Dolan, Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in heavy highway road construction? Payne and Dolan Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Heavy Equipment Operator and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture, and work with an industry leading company in heavy road and highway construction.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2022 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects.https://www.walbecgroup.com/projectswalbecgroup.com
We're looking for Heavy Equipment Operators to work in our Paving department. Under the direction of the Foreman, the Operator will be responsible for operating several types of related construction equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Our union employees enjoy the quality benefits provided by our union partners. Additionally, union employees have access to a variety of training on our Walbec employee portal for personal and professional development.
- Projects will vary by location, so reliable transportation and a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed.
- Valid drivers license and satisfactory driving record.
- CDL is preferred but not necessary.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Able to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, weekends, as needed.
- Be able to tolerate and work in variable weather conditions, and work in dirty and dusty environments.
- Member of a Local Operators Union, or willingness to become a union member are required. Union membership is not required prior to employment. Our Human Resources Department is available to assist in that process if needed.
- Successfully pass, or has passed the Operators Union aptitude test when required.
- Safely use machinery to move construction materials, earth, and other materials at a construction site.
- Able to read and understand grade stakes, automated machine control cab displays, etc.
- Minimum 3 years paving experience required.
- Able to safely maneuver machinery in tight quarters, around people, traffic, and utilities.
- Ability to clean, maintain, and assist in repairing equipment.
Why Should You Apply?
First, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued. Also:
- Excellent wages and benefits packages offered through local trade union.
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!