We are also hiring for other Construction Management positions including:
- Prefabrication Engineer (Waukesha, WI)
- Project Engineer (Waukesha, WI)
- Senior Project Manager (Kenosha, WI)
- Project Manager (Oakdale, MN)
Zenith Tech Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Zenith Tech, Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Estimator and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture, and work with an industry leading company in heavy road and highway construction.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2022, 2021 and 2020 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. https://www.walbecgroup.com/projects
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
Under the direction of the Area Manager, the Estimator will prepare cost estimates for private, municipal, state, and federal entities. Additionally, the Estimator will support operations staff with preparation of change orders, subcontracts, and material agreements and cost analysis.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Prepares project estimates
- Interprets plans and specifications
- Conducts pre-estimate job site reviews
- References and updates historical market and competitor research data for use in estimate preparation
- Submits cost estimates to federal, state, municipal and private entities by utilizing software such as AASHTOWare and Bid Express Expedite Bid
- Assemble purchase order and subcontractor documents
- Attends project setup meetings
- Collaborates with Construction Project Managers to conduct cost reviews and prepare change orders
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Project management experience in heavy civil construction a plus
- Previous heavy civil, commercial and/or industrial estimating experience is a plus
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work individually on multiple projects with varying deadlines or in a team environment on large projects
- Valid Driver's License and considered insurable by insurance standards
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- HCSS Software Knowledge HeavyBid, HeavyJob
- Strong technical writing skills to develop content for proposals, estimates and contracts
- Ability to communicate to others to convey information effectively, either by telephone, in written form, email or in person with the ability to conduct presentations, coordinate site visits and lead owner meetings
- Projects will vary by location throughout Wisconsin, a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed.
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!