We are also hiring for other Engineering & Surveying positions including:
Payne + Dolan Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Payne + Dolan Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Construction Surveyor and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Multi-year Milwaukee Business Journal Best Place to Work honoree and a Best Place to Work by Employ Humanity.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. https://www.walbecgroup.com/projects
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
Under the direction of the Grading Manager, the Construction Surveyor will be responsible for providing support to Area and Project Managers in the field by preparing and providing surveying and mapping services of land or land features for horizontal and vertical construction layouts.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Prepare drawings depicting existing & proposed areas, elevations, features, etc. (parking lots, main line roadways, etc.).
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Record the results of surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features.
- Calculate heights, depths relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain.
- Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other measurements.
- Assist in other projects and duties as assigned.
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- 3-5 years of related experience required.
- Basic math skills including percentages and volumes.
- Ability to work in construction job site conditions (fast paced environment).
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Organized with strong follow-up skills.
- Strong analytical skills, detailed-orientated, self-motivated, and team-orientated.
- Associates Degree in Civil Technology, Drafting Technology, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Surveying, or Survey Technology.
- Experience in surveying software, Civil 3D or Carlson Survey.
- Basic survey skills and knowledge of the correct and safe usage of surveying equipment.
- Experience in blueprint reading and understanding contract documents.
- Ability to read, understand and adjust construction plans to ensure proper drainage of sites.
Must show up to work on time every scheduled day. Must be willing to travel to any and all job sites without exception. The ability to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed.
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!Apply Now