We are also hiring for other Construction Management positions including:
Zenith Tech, Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Zenith Tech of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Construction Scheduler and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Multi-year Milwaukee Business Journal Best Place to Work honoree and a Best Place to Work by Employ Humanity.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
Under the direction of the Area Manager and Preconstruction Team, the Construction Scheduler will be responsible for creating Project Schedules and working with Project Managers on regular updates to those schedules. The Construction Scheduler will also be responsible for producing and managing a global resource schedule for manhours and key equipment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Create project schedules in our Primavera P6 software and work with Project Management team on developing logic and loading resources.
- Meet with project team weekly or monthly to review updates and analyze impacts or delays.
- Produce, manage and update a global resource schedule to assist with forecasting demands and needs for various craft workers and key equipment.
- Participate in a weekly meeting with Construction & Operation Managers to update various needs and provide feedback/suggestions on requests based on the global resource schedule.
- Work with Estimators and Preconstruction Team to rough schedule certain bids and understand how they would fit with or impact the global schedule.
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays. We are big fans of our "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company-paid short-and long-term disability with company contribution, paid parental leave, profit sharing, and a robust Walbec training program.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- College Degree in Engineering or Construction Management preferred; high school diploma or equivalent required.
- 5+ years of road/structures construction experience preferred; 1+ years of construction experience required.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Products (specifically Excel & Outlook).
- Knowledge of Primavera P6 preferred; ability to easily learn new software necessary.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be motivated and seeking challenges
- Good communication skills and ability to interact with different positions and personalities
- Field trips to various job sites throughout the month with an experienced manager will be encouraged in order to gain more construction knowledge and better understand/relate operations to construction schedules.
- Additional opportunity to assist our project team with seeking/justifying compensation and/or time for changes and impacts to the contract documents and baseline schedules.
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members drive innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative and exciting projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!