We are also hiring for other Business Operations Support positions including:
Construction Inventory Specialist
Zenith Tech Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Zenith Tech Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Construction Inventory Specialist, and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2021 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
Under the direction of the Fabrication Manager the Construction Inventory Specialist is responsible for owning the day-to-day usages of consumable material as well as changes to controlled inventory and miscellaneous material.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Picking and packing construction products specific to jobsite requirements
- Review upcoming requirements for construction jobsites against current yard inventories and materials expected to return from field
- Maintaining orderly and stocked shelves of consumable products
- Interacting with field foreman regarding material usages, shortages, substitutions, and availabilities
- Develop and Maintain records to track all status changes of controlled inventory. (Sheeting, Steel Parapet, Barrier Block, EFCO formwork, scaffolding, standardized wood forms, EFCO hardware and accessory pieces, lumber, PGR stands)
- Consumable product inventory management and purchasing utilizing min/max shelf quantities
- This employee will ensure 100% completed inventory tracking is maintained through a year end physical inventory
- Maintains and organizes shop product tracking boards and "HOT shelf" items
- Maintains proper records of incoming material requirements
- Verifies packing slips to delivered goods during receiving process, updates necessary inventories, and submits packing slips of goods or services to accounts payable
- Follows all safe work practices
- This position carries warehouse tasks and some related office administrative tasks utilizing a computer
- Construction field experience, familiarity with products used by field crews on civil jobsites
- Plan reading and familiarity with job specifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills
- Inventory management experience
- Purchasing experience
- Vendor relations experience
- Must be a multitasker and highly flexible
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!Apply Now