Payne and Dolan, Inc.
Project Manager - General Contracting Group- Multiple Locations Available
Payne and Dolan- GEO, a Walbec Group Company
Multiple Locations Available- Waukesha, Madison, or Greenville
We are adding to our growing General Engineering Team!
Are you looking for a change? Come join our growing General Engineering team. Enjoy the backing of an 85+ year company and the culture of a start up! The combination of seasoned leadership and fresh faces is what you'll see on a daily basis.
Grab your nerf gun and apply!
Under the direction of the General Contacting Manager, the Project Manager will manage Heavy Highway or Site work construction projects by planning, directing, and coordinating activities to ensure that project goals and/or objectives are accomplished within the project constraints.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Effectively communicate project scope, schedule and budget to all team members
- Responsible for project schedule and ensuring work is completed on-time and within project budgets
- Collaborate with field teams to roll out messages and collaborate with field leadership to monitor and evaluation the messages' effectiveness
- Manage and direct subcontractors, internal crews and quality teams to meet project goals through proper communication, coordination, and monitoring
- Verify all necessary approvals are identified, communicated, and secured for all project scope changes, schedule changes and contract documents
- Ensure construction practices are consistent with industry standards and in accordance with project plans, specifications and applicable codes
- Maintain a safety-orientated approach to each project and drive both Walbec's as well as the clients environmental health and safety programs at the project level
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 5-10+ years construction experience with 2+ years in a management or leadership capacity working on Heavy Highway or Site Construction projects (roads, bridges, site projects, underground utilities, etc.)
- Ideally have experience estimating Heavy Highway or Site Projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Demonstrated ability to quickly acquire knowledge and effectively transition that into various processes
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive and the ability to draw that same passion and enthusiasm from others
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Experience using HCSS and Primavera is also desirable
This position requires Travel to site locations multiple days a week
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.