Construction Resources Management, Inc.
Staff Accountant - Construction Resources Management, Inc.
A Walbec Group Company
Under the direction of the Associate Controller, the Staff Accountant will provide accounting support for the Manufacturing division of the organization. Additionally, the Staff Accountant will participate in both monthly and yearly close processes for internal users, external auditors, and our tax preparer.
Role and Responsibilities
- Process inventory invoices
- Account for inventory production
- Post weekly sales
- Perform COGS adjustments for inventories monthly
- Perform weekly cash entries
- Close out clearing accounts monthly
- Process yearly property tax bills and prepare/file Manufacturing Real Estate returns
- Provide Ad-Hoc Reports with Business Intelligence software
- Create fixed asset work papers for external auditors and tax preparer
- Create Inventory work papers for external auditors and tax preparer
- Prepare rental income schedules for tax preparer
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Associates or Bachelor Degree in Accounting, or a combination of schooling and relevant work experience
- Entry level position 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Accounting/Bookkeeping experience in manufacturing a plus
- Practical knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel
- Oracle ERP knowledge: JD Edwards
- Insight Reporting Software knowledge: Hubble
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate to others to convey information effectively, by telephone and email
- This position requires the use of hands and fingers to handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls; and talking and hearing in a standard office environment
This position may require some local travel for training.
Full time positions may also require occasional overtime hours.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.