Baileys Harbor, WI
We are also hiring for other Asphalt & Concrete Production positions including:
Ready-mix Utility Worker
Ready-mix Utility Worker
Premier Concrete, Inc. -A Walbec Group Company
Door County, WI
Are you looking for an exciting career in construction? Premier Concrete, Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come use your experience with hands-on work and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency that has made us an industry leading company in heavy and highway construction
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2022 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for a Ready-mix Utility Worker perform multiple and varied tasks related to supporting the concrete plant and pre-cast facility operations. This position may also perform Ready-mix and Aggregate Driver responsibilities by transporting and unloading ready mixed concrete from batch plant and other locations to customer job sites in a safe and legal manner, and operating other equipment as needed
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist with all aspects of plant maintenance and repair as directed by Foreman
- Support and participate in pre-cast operations at plant facilities by building, filling, and stripping forms and all related tasks
- Load concrete plant aggregate bins in support of concrete production
- Operate other related equipment effectively, such as loader, forklift, skidsteer, and other hand and power tools to support plant operations
- Participate in general plant and yard cleanliness and maintenance as directed by supervisor
- Assist customers with retail product purchases
- Load aggregate and ready-mix delivery trucks as directed. Must be able to add various ingredients to concrete loads such as fibers, color, and admixtures, which can routinely weigh more than 60 pounds.
- Ensure strict compliance with safety, health, environmental, employment, management, and other company policies, procedures, and principles established by government agencies and Premier Concrete.
- Participate in safety efforts including identifying and reporting unsafe conditions and/or safety policy violations and participating in safety meetings/training.
- Conduct and assist in daily truck maintenance including, DOT daily service inspection, fueling, greasing, and cleaning mixing drum. Additional maintenance and light repairs may be required as directed by supervisor.
- When directed, deliver concrete products in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining quality standards and specifications, including slump, air and PSI measurements for concrete delivery
- Load, transport and deliver aggregates as needed, using a dump truck from various pits, quarries or sites as required by plant or customer needs
- Maintain high expectations of truck appearance and cleanliness, both interior and exterior in accordance with company standards
- Properly fill out and return all required paperwork for customer orders and internal requirements.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
- We have the usual suspects like Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium Medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), 401k & Profit Sharing with generous company contributions and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- Premier Concrete offices are located in Sturgeon Bay and Baileys Harbor, WI.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- Possess, or be willing to obtain and maintain a valid commercial driver's license (CDL) Class A or Class B with air brake endorsement
- Possess and maintain a valid commercial driver's license (CDL) Health Card
- Must be, or able to become, knowledgeable in the " Basics" of Concrete
- Have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions (oral and written)
- Above average communication and customer service skills
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals
- A strong Safety-First culture
- Be part of the support team that helps build innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state
- Family-oriented, supportive environment
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!