We are also hiring for other Craft & Skilled Trades positions including:
2023 Summer Internships (All Locations)
Summer 2023 Internships
Walbec Group Companies - Payne and Dolan, Inc., Northeast Asphalt, Inc., Zenith Tech, Inc., and Construction Resources Management, Inc.
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Our family of companies has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as an intern and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2021 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
Our team of talented and tenured mentors will provide you with the on-the-job experience needed as you look to your future after graduation. We invite you to explore the opportunities our diverse family of construction companies can provide.
Opportunities to join our team in the Summer of 2023:
- Engineering and Construction Management
- Construction Project Managers
- Field Operations Project Manager
- Design Engineers
- Land Surveying
- Construction Materials Management
- Aggregate Site Managers
- Asphalt Plant Managers
- Maintenance Project Manager
- Safety Management - Construction and Manufacturing
- Quality Control Field/Lab Technicians
- Operational Improvement
- Information Technology
- Technical Support Specialist
- Locations vary based on internship. These positions are located in the following cities/states:
- Waukesha, WI
- Madison, WI
- Appleton, WI
- Green Bay, WI
- Wausau, WI
- Gaylord, MI
- Ideal candidates are those majoring in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Geology, Industrial Engineering, Information Sciences, Project Management
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred.
- Enjoy working in a challenging outdoor environment
- Team player with a desire to learn and grow
- Humble, hungry, emotional intelligent with a can-do attitude
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Potential permanent opportunities after graduation working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!