We are also hiring for other Safety Management positions including:
- Safety Manager - Madison (Madison, WI)
Transportation Safety Manager
Construction Resources Management Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Construction Resources Management Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard-working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Transportation Safety Manager and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture, and work with an industry-leading company in heavy road and highway construction.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2021 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
Under the direction of the Safety and Transportation Director, the Transportation Safety Manager will be responsible for maintaining all company driver training and hiring, equipment conditions, and ensuring that all operational activities are in compliance with all State and Federal Rules and Regulations.
- Monitor, review, and address Hours of Service for each driver to ensure continuous compliance with Federal Regulations.
- Maximize the level of customer service to internal and external customers by providing consistent on-time performance and delivery services within the Federal DOT regulations.
- Conduct driver counseling regarding infractions of rules and procedures as necessary.
- Maintain required performance monitoring reports as requested by the Safety and Transportation Director, and complete timely reports as requested by other management levels within the organization.
- Coordinate and conduct appropriate training and continuous education for drivers and other personnel to ensure the organization operates within compliance of all Federal DOT Regulations.
- Quarterly, order and secure the Federal Highway Out of Service and Vehicle Inspection contractor report and audit appropriately
- Monitor Driver Qualification procedures including the components to ensure proper compliance with Federal and State regulations
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- This position will support all locations in the surrounding area of Madison, WI. Projects will vary by location throughout the local area, or the state, so reliable transportation and/or a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed.
- Prior Safety and DOT Compliance experience.
- Experience in auditing Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Hours of Service Rules and regulatory compliance.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record.
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or other related fields, preferred.
- At least 3 years of relevant fleet safety/compliance experience.
- Class A CDL Driver's License with Trailer Endorsement.
- Relevant industry experience within construction, trucking, logistics, etc.
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- ATSSA Traffic Control Supervisor (TCS) or Traffic Control Technician (TCT)
- ARTBA Safety Certification for Transportation Project Professionals (SCTPP)
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!