Contract rate - Hourly
We are also hiring for other Bridges & Structures positions including:
Laborer, Bridge Construction
Laborer, Bridge Construction
Zenith Tech, Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Zenith Tech, Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Bridge Construction Laborer and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry. The Company:
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
Under the direction of the Foreman, Laborers are responsible for many basic tasks that require physical labor. This position will include extensive use of jackhammer and chipping tools for extended periods while removing and replacing existing bridge deck. Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist in layout and construction of bridge work
- Understand and learn various aspects of bridge work
- Help with set up and construction
- Identify areas that require repair or have imperfections in the mat and repair it
- Help keep machines and hand tools clean and maintained
- Assist in cleanup of the job site and additional duties as assigned
- Our union employees enjoy the quality benefits provided by our union partners. Additionally, union employees have access to a variety of training on our Walbec employee website portal for personal and professional development.
- The current position is located in Duluth, MN but other projects will vary by location throughout the local area or the state, so reliable transportation and/or a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Have the ability to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed.
- Be able to tolerate and work in variable weather conditions, and work in dirty and dusty environments.
- Member of the appropriate trade union or willingness to become a union member are required. Union membership may not be required prior to employment. Our Human Resources Department is able to assist in that process as needed.
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages offered through local trade union(s).
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!