24.00 - 26.00 - Hourly
We are also hiring for other Quality Control & Environmental Compliance positions including:
Quality Control Field Technician
Sign-On Bonus Available
Quality Control Technician
Payne & Dolan Inc., A Walbec Group Company
This position is eligible for an incredible sign-on bonus of $1000 paid at hire and $1000 paid after 13 weeks of work!
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Payne & Dolan Inc., of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Quality Control Technician and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture, and work with an industry leading company in heavy road and highway construction.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2021 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for a Quality Control Technician responsible for providing quality testing for the company in an ethical, precise and expedient manner. In addition, the Field Technician must be able to work and communicate in a professional manner with both internal and external customers.
- Perform sampling of construction materials from various locations within the region, including both permanent and portable crushing, washing and asphalt plants
- Perform testing of construction materials, including but not limited to aggregates and hot mix asphalt
- Perform mathematical calculations as required for daily job duties
- Follow the applicable specifications and current test procedures within relevant agency manuals, training and certifications while utilizing the Corporate QC Lab Standards and QC Technician Manual guidelines
- Accurately communicate and report test results, including documentation of specific test(s) performed and required paperwork, to all necessary internal and external staff as directed
- Document and maintain all test data, ensuring all information is accurate and entered on the appropriate data sheets and in the computer system(s)
- Maintain records in an organized manner and document sampling and testing performed and actions taken
- Prepare, maintain and analyze test results and assist in the production process by making troubleshooting adjustments
- Ensure that all equipment is working properly and calibrated.
For a day in the life of a Quality Control Technician at the Walbec Group, please view the video linked below:
- Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, EAP and PTO, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- Projects will vary by location throughout the local area, or the state, so reliable transportation and/or a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Have the ability to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed.
- Be able to tolerate and work in variable weather conditions, and work in dirty and dusty environments.
- The ability to frequently lift 50 - 70 pounds.
- Be capable of performing mathematical calculations required for necessary daily job duties.
- Strong interpersonal, organization and communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- The ability to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously; and the ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision, must be a self-starter.
- Previous laboratory experience or a scientific background is a plus.
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!