We are also hiring for other Engineering & Construction Management positions including:
Zenith Tech Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Waukesha or Madison, WI
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Zenith Tech Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Project Engineer and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 & 2021 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
Under the direction of a Project Manager, the Project Engineer is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities on designated jobs to ensure that goals and/or objectives of the job are accomplished within the prescribed timeframe and funding parameters.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist Project Managers with job preparation and bidding documents
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate project activities to meet deadlines
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction project
- Prepare and submit budgets, project schedules, progress reports and 3 week project schedules
- Ensure overall profitability of designated jobs
- Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects and communicate construction managers
- Oversee all job quantity reporting, cost-to-cost reporting, job labor budgets, weekly schedules, and the scheduling of specific P.O. materials
- Engage weekly with Construction Managers and subcontractors to obtain progress reports
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction sites
- Assist in the development of a site safety plan and to ensure all jobs and personnel are focused on working safely and efficiently
- Engage with owners by attending and/or leading meetings
- Identify quality control and CRI opportunities
- Build rapport and engage with customers and subcontractors
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- This role is flexible and could be located in the Waukesha or Madison area, but projects will vary by location throughout the local area, or the state, so reliable transportation and/or a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree, vocational training, certification from an accreditation organization, or combination of schooling and relevant work experience
- Valid Driver's License and considered insurable by insurance standards
- Ability to communicate to others to convey information effectively, either by telephone, in written form, email, or in person
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Ability to manage own time and the time of others
- Ability to motivate, develop and direct people
- Knowledge of project management with heavy construction materials, means and methods, equipment, job setup, bidding, invoicing and contracts
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!