Contract rate - Hourly
We are also hiring for other Bridges & Structures positions including:
Heavy Highway Carpenter Foreman
Zenith Tech Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Zenith Tech Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Carpenter Foreman and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture, and work with an industry leading company in heavy road and highway construction.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
We are associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
We're looking for a Foreman with a background in Bridge Construction Carpentry responsible for the accurate reporting of materials, equipment, hours, as well as the management and safety of the personnel on his/her crew and the safety of the public and ensuring regulatory and safety measures are maintained.
- Coordinating and supervising activities of one or more crews for construction of a project.
- Allotting crews to their respective duties and making sure they have the appropriate training and tools so that they can execute their jobs accurately
- Assessing the fastest and easiest way to complete a job without sacrificing Safety or quality of work being done.
- Our union employees enjoy the quality benefits and compensation provided by our union partners. Additionally, union employees have access to a variety of training on our Walbec employee website portal for personal and professional development.
- Projects will vary by location throughout the state of Minnesota so a willingness to travel is required.
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Able to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed.
- Be able to tolerate and work in variable weather conditions, and work in dirty and dusty environments.
- 3-5 years of experience within the construction trade and 2-4 years of experience in a sub-foreman role.
- Prior leadership experience and the ability to communicate, motivate, and manage time of others.
- Member of a Local Carpenters Union, or willingness to become a union member are required. Union membership is not required prior to employment. Our Human Resources Department is available to assist in that process as needed.
- Prior bridge construction experience is preferred and proficient in building form structures and other forming systems such as EFCO.
- Proficient in building form footings, forming walls, wings, and be able to tie in corners using concrete forming systems such as EFCO.
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages offered through local trade union.
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!