Sturgeon Bay, WI
$20-$22 depending on experience - Hourly
We are also hiring for other Asphalt & Concrete Production positions including:
Ready Mix Concrete Driver
Premier Concrete, Inc., a Walbec Group Company
Ready-mix concrete is a vital part of the construction industry, and this entry-level position will provide hands on experience to the concrete and aggregate industry. No experience or Commercial Driver's License (CDL) needed, as Premier Concrete will provide training and the equipment necessary to obtain a CDL. In addition to operating a Ready-mix truck, training will be conducted on the operation of other types of heavy equipment. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Walbec Group in Door County, WI, which offers great hours, pay and benefits!
Under the direction of the Plant Supervisor, the Ready Mix Truck Driver will be responsible for transporting and unloading ready mixed concrete from batch plant to customer job sites in a safe and legal manner. Also drives dump truck for aggregate transfer and delivery and operates other heavy equipment. Performs other duties at the concrete plant as needed.
Role and Responsibilities
- Deliver products in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining quality standards and specifications, including slump, air and PSI measurements for concrete delivery
- Ensure strict compliance with safety, environmental, health, and other company policies, procedures, and principles established by government agencies and Premier Concrete
- Participate in safety efforts including identifying and reporting unsafe conditions and/or safety policy violations, and participating in safety meetings/training
- Maintain high expectations of truck appearance and cleanliness and conduct daily truck maintenance including DOT daily service inspection, fueling, greasing, and cleaning mixing drum. Additional maintenance and light repairs may be required as directed by supervisor
- Add various ingredients to concrete loads such as fibers, color, and admixtures
- Operate other related equipment effectively, such as loader, forklift, skidsteer, and other hand and power tools to support plant operations
- Support and participate in pre-cast operations at plant facilities
- Load, transport and deliver aggregates using a dump truck from various pits, quarries or sites as required by plant or customer needs
- Properly fill out and return all required paper work for customer orders and internal requirements.
- Participate in general plant maintenance and yard cleanliness as directed by supervisor.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- The ability to achieve and maintain a valid commercial driver's license (CDL) Class A or Class B with air brake endorsement
- The ability to receive and maintain a valid commercial driver's license (CDL) Health Card
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions (oral and written)
- Above average communication and customer service skills
- Possess a valid commercial driver's license (CDL) Class A or Class B with air brake endorsement and a valid commercial driver's license (CDL) Health Card
- Prefer at least one year of experience in related industry
- Must be able to safely attach unloading extension chutes and lift weight as heavy as sixty five pounds
- Be able to comprehend, understand and follow policies, procedures and safety requirements
- Tolerate variable weather conditions from extreme heat to cold and work in a dirty and dusty environment
- Be able to walk and/or stand for extended time (up to an entire day's shift)
- Have the ability to hear and see to the level of accomplishment for above requirements
This position is seasonal (10-12 months), dependent on weather conditions, with the work being performed in Door and Kewaunee Counties. The position will be based out of Premier Concrete's offices in either Sturgeon Bay or Baileys Harbor, WI. Must have reliable transportation, show up to work on time every day and be able to work varied hours including early mornings, evenings and weekends, as needed
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!