Union Scale - Hourly
We are also hiring for other Aggregate Materials positions including:
- Portable Aggregate Operator (Waukesha, WI)
Stationary Aggregate Operator
Stationary Aggregate Operator
Payne & Dolan Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Payne & Dolan Inc., of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as an Aggregate Operator and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture, and work with an industry leading company in heavy road and highway construction.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for an Aggregate Operator responsible for working as part of quarry operations to produce aggregate and construction materials. Quarry operations often include operating haul trucks/loaders to bring raw materials to the plant, running the processing plant (crushers, screens, wash-plants) and assisting in the load-out of finished product. The Aggregate Operator will be responsible for operating several types of construction equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This equipment may include, but is not limited to, loaders, haul trucks, skid steer loaders, water trucks, graders, man lifts, dozers and excavators
Role and Responsibility:
- Operate equipment in a safe and productive manner.
- Perform routine maintenance and inspections of mobile equipment.
- Communicate plant site issues with the Foreman and Mine Management while performing daily inspections of the plant site.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work site including shoveling and skid steer operation clean up.
- Assist in plant maintenance and repairs including labor work, cutting, fabricating and welding.
- Follow proper safety procedures, including incident reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Our union employees enjoy the quality benefits provided by our union partners. Additionally, union employees have access to a variety of training on our Walbec employee website portal for personal and professional development.
- The position will primarily be based out of a stationary quarry, located in either Racine, Franklin or Waukesha WI.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Have the ability to work varied hours early mornings, and weekends as needed.
- Be able to tolerate and work in variable weather conditions, and work in dirty and dusty environments.
- Member of the appropriate trade union or willingness to become a union member are required. Union membership is not required prior to employment. Our Human Resources Department is able to assist in that process as needed.
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent wages and benefits packages offered through local trade union(s).
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!Apply Now