Varies - Hourly
We are also hiring for other Heavy Highway Construction positions including:
Temporary Flagger/Traffic Control Regulator
Northeast Asphalt Inc., A Walbec Group Company
Under the direction of the Foreman, the Flagger will be responsible for performing traffic control duties and maintaining safe work zones in accordance with all Government and company safety regulations and procedures. Note: This is a temporary position corresponding to the 2021 construction schedule only.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Performs traffic control and flagging activities as needed; follows safety rules and regulations on all work zone and flagging sites, including monitoring signs, barricades, traffic cones and other warning devices; specific flagging duties may vary according to job assignment and environments
- Utilize radio or other forms of communication to relay traffic signals to work crew and other regulators
- Lift, carry and place traffic cones to ensure the safety of the work zone. Lifting may be up to 50 lbs.
- Provides positive customer relations to the traveling public
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- Physical ability to work in extreme weather conditions and cope with temperature and other environmental extremes in a moving highway work zone
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and remain attentive to traffic conditions and other factors affecting safety and production
- Able to communicate effectively and work in stressful situations
- Must be able to travel extensively throughout Northeast Wisconsin
- Must be able to obtain Traffic Regulator certifications as required
Environmental Requirements: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position
- Be able to tolerate variable weather conditions from extreme heat to cold
- Work in a dirty and dusty environment
- Be able to walk and/or stand for extended time (up to an entire day's shift)
- Be able to comprehend, understand and follow policies, procedures and safety requirements
- Have the ability to hear and see to the level of accomplishment for above requirements
- Experience in roadway maintenance, highway or building construction.
- Customer service skills
TEMP POSITION ONLY: Position is temporary for the balance of the 2021 work season. When seasonal need has ended, the position will end and employee will be released.
Must have the ability to work a minimum of 20 to 70 hour work weeks, 12-14 hour days, weekends and/or alternate shifts. Must be able to adapt to a changing & dynamic schedule, and have a phone number where messages may be left.
Must have reliable transportation and show up to work on time every day. Must be willing to travel to any and all job sites without exception. The ability to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.Apply Now