We are also hiring for other Engineering & Construction Management positions including:
Structural Engineer (Bridges)
Zenith Tech Inc., a Walbec Group Company
Waukesha or Appleton
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Zenith Tech Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Structural Engineer and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture, and work with an industry leading company in heavy road and highway construction.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for a Structural Engineer responsible for:
- Perform engineering design and analysis of multiple and/or complex bridge, earth tension, shoring and demolition project related to heavy civil construction. Assist in collecting, gathering, and interpreting engineering data and then utilize data to perform calculations and generate shop drawings.
- Use project specifications and standard/special provisions from owner to analysis and prepare engineered drawings
- Work with operations to establish means and methods to be utilized by project staff to develop plans and shop drawings
- In conjunction with the Project and Construction Managers, assist in solving field problems
- Assist in responding to questions from contractors, public agencies and officials, or general public regarding policies, procedures, and practices
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- Projects will vary by location throughout the local area, or the state, so reliable transportation and/or a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field emphasis in Structural Engineering is preferred
- 6 - 10 years of work experience in Structural Engineering
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- Knowledge of bridge design, engineering theories and principles
- Prior experience working with computers and related software applications for bridge design
- AutoCad knowledge is required, Mathcad, Risa, Pile buck, Civil tech are preferred
- Knowledge of common materials used in engineering projects
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!Apply Now