We are also hiring for other Engineering & Construction Management positions including:
Payne & Dolan Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Payne & Dolan Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Grading Superintendent/Supervisor Payne & Dolan, Inc. and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture, and work with an industry leading company in heavy road and highway construction.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for a Grading Superintendent/Supervisor responsible for:
- Proven track record of working safely, understanding company safety values, and enforcing safety values
- Understands company core values and trains field personnel in company policies
- Oversees allocation of company resources and supervise field crews, managing multiple projects at the same time and ensure projects are organized and progresses in an efficient manner
- Work with project team to develop and implement project specific work plans
- Understands and interprets plans and specifications
- Ability to monitor production targets and make necessary corrections
- Ensure performance evaluations completed in a timely fashion for direct reports
- Overseeing field crews (overseeing infrastructure projects such as roads, highways, utility installation, site work)
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- Projects will vary by location throughout the local area, or the state, so reliable transportation and/or a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred
- Minimum of 10+ year's of construction experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of Superintendent/Foreman experience
- Experience with machine control and GPS
Underground or utility experience required
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!