$27 - $32/hr. dep. on experience - Hourly
We are also hiring for other Equipment & Repair positions including:
Repair Shop Foreman
Payne and Dolan, Inc. -A Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Payne and Dolan, Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come use your mechanic and management experience as a Shop Foreman and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency that has made us an industry leading company in heavy and highway construction.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
We're looking for a Shop Foreman to function as the supervisory role for the Technicians and others within the Gladstone, MI repair facility and direct and coordinate the overall functions and effectiveness of the shop.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Monitor repairs and service to avoid rework and ensure quality control efforts are being attained
- Coordinate service calls to promote efficiency of the shop operation
- Supervise direct reports and perform a full range of supervisory responsibilities for shop employees and off-season help including, but not limited to: interviewing and hiring; training and development; planning, scheduling, assigning and directing work; performance and behavior management; time card approval and submittal.
- Work with repair vendors, dealers and external entities to ensure contracted repairs are being completed appropriately and within time/cost restraints
- Lead and monitor the Safety efforts of the facility using Walbec Safety resources
- Communicate effectively with other Walbec repair facilities to coordinate repair needs, maximize production and schedule effectively
- Work with Field Supervisory staff to ensure equipment repair and maintenance needs are being addressed
- Lead and monitor the parts procurement efforts with Walbec Purchasing and also with outside vendors to ensure good supply and pricing for the company
- Approve invoices as assigned and monitor for accuracy and cost-benefit
- Help coordinate transportation and storage of equipment using Walbec resources and other vendors as required
- Ensure good understanding and communication of warranty limits as they relate to repair needs and costs
- Monitor oil testing and other quality check programs as developed and assigned
- Complete or oversee work order processing for the assigned facility and provide facility management and oversight
- Ensure regulatory compliance for DOT vehicles if assigned to facility
- Ensure environmental compliance for all areas of supervision
- Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
- We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, EAP and PTO, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), 401K & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- Primary location is the Gladstone, MI repair shop. However, some occasional overnight travel may be required to support the needs of the company and position
- A minimum of 8-10 years relevant work experience in an established repair facility
- High School diploma, and vocational training, certification from an accredited organization, or combination of schooling and experience
- Valid Driver's License that meets requirements
- Strong communication, supervisory and interpersonal skills
- Solid technical understanding, attention to detail, and thoroughness in recordkeeping
- Additional training or certifications in administration and management
- Valid CDL is a plus, but not required
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals
- A strong Safety-First culture
- Be part of the support team that helps build innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state
- Family-oriented, supportive environment
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!