We are also hiring for other Business Operations Support positions including:
Project Manager Assistant
Project Manager Assistant Engineering & General Contracting
Payne and Dolan Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Payne and Dolan Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Project Manager Assistant with Engineering & General Contracting and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture, and work with an industry leading company in heavy road and highway construction.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for a Project Manager Assistant within our Engineering & General Contracting division. responsibilities include:
- Review advertisements in various periodicals
- Provide technical editing and proofreading of reports and business correspondences
- Perform job set-ups, invoicing and closeout of project records
- Review automated job cost summaries for completeness and accuracy
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Assist in the preparation of bids, technical proposals and marketing collateral
- Communicate with external clients on follow up items and collections
- Assist with subcontractor contract administration
- General administrative duties including filing, generating reports, transcribe minutes, create presentations, set up meetings and make travel arrangements
- Work well within a matrix organizational structure
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- Associates degree in accounting, business or finance
- Valid Driver's License that meets qualifications
- Word & Excel proficiency
- Experience with financial account software preferred
- Two (2) to six (6) years of experience within a construction/engineering organization
- Ability to communicate with others effectively, either telephone, in written form, email, and in person
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Demonstrated Ability to manage own time, prioritize responsibilities, and multi-task
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced work environment and continue to develop and grow
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!Apply Now