Union Rate - Hourly
We are also hiring for other Heavy Highway Construction positions including:
Heavy Equipment Operator
Heavy Equipment Operator
Payne and Dolan, Inc. -A Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Payne and Dolan, Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come use your experience as a Heavy Equipment Operator and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com/projects
We're looking for Heavy Equipment Operators to work in our Grading and Paving departments. Under the direction of the Foreman, the Operator will be responsible for operating several types of related construction equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Use machinery to move construction materials, earth and other heavy materials at construction sites
- Operate equipment that clears and grades land to prepare it for construction of roads. Work with one or several types of power construction equipment in a safe and effective manner to minimize the risk of injury and property damage
- Able to read and understand grade stakes, automated machine control cab displays, etc.
- Depending on assignment, able to make rough grade, finish grade as needed.
- Depending on assignment, able to safely maneuver machinery in tight quarters, around people, traffic and utilities
- Clean, maintain and secure all equipment
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed
- Assist with repairs as needed
- Our union employees enjoy the quality benefits provided through our partnership with Operator's Local 324. Additionally, union employees have access to a variety of training on our Walbec employee website portal for personal and professional development.
- Payne and Dolan is located primarily in Upper Michigan, but projects will vary by location throughout the local area or the state, so reliable transportation and/or a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- A CDL is desired but not necessary
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred
- Must be punctual and dependable
- Have the ability to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed
- Be able to tolerate and work in variable weather conditions, and work in dirty and dusty environments
- Member of the appropriate trade union or willingness to become a union member are required. Union membership may not be required prior to employment. Our Human Resources Department is able to assist in that process as needed
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued. Also:
- Excellent wages and benefits packages
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!