Union Scale - Hourly
We are also hiring for other Asphalt & Concrete Production positions including:
Asphalt Plant Helper
Payne & Dolan, a Walbec Group Company
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Asphalt Plant Manager, the Asphalt Plant Helper is responsible for assisting with a variety of semi-skilled duties around the asphalt plants.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Clean up around plant including shoveling and skid steer operation
- Maintenance and shoveling on top of silos
- Confined space entering and monitoring
- Cutting, fabricating, welding
- Carrying tools & supplies
- Load out of trucks for material distribution (computer operations)
- Climbing in trucks for periodic sampling and verifying temperatures
- Quality assurance monitoring on site
- Assist with repairs as needed
- Assist operators in their daily requirements
- Maintain a clean and orderly work site
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Successfully pass aptitude tests
- Requires climbing ability to clean, maintain and repair all levels of the asphalt plant
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be punctual and dependable
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs
- Valid Driver's License and considered insurable by insurance standards
Must have reliable transportation and show up to work on time every scheduled day. Must be willing to travel to any and all job sites without exception. The ability to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed.
Environmental Requirements: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
- Be able to tolerate variable weather conditions from extreme heat to cold
- Work in a dirty and dusty environment
- Be able to walk and/or stand for extended time (up to an entire day's shift)
- Be able to comprehend, understand and follow policies, procedures and safety requirements
- Have the ability to hear and see to the level of accomplishment for above requirements
Additional Notes: May require working long hours, weekends and nights. May require traveling to sites up to 1.5 hours one way to work.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.