Payne and Dolan, Inc.
We are also hiring for other Engineering & Construction Management positions including:
PAYNE AND DOLAN, INC.
Professional construction and engineering services, asphalt pavement material producer and paving contractor since 1932.
P&D has established a strong commitment to quality, safety, innovation, and leadership. Our team of talented civil engineers are well equipped to provide a full range of construction services including design consultation and construction oversight. As an asphalt, aggregate, and concrete manufacturer, we take pride in our ability to manage and control the process, thereby ensuring that our customers always receive the best material for each specific need.
Staff Engineer - Payne and Dolan- A Walbec Group Company
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, the Staff Civil Engineer will perform civil engineering
design, plan production and construction inspection tasks on a wide range of Site Civil, Land
Development and Public infrastructure projects.
Payne & Dolan is looking for a self-motivated, results-oriented, problem-solver who has a desire to be
part of our growing engineering and land surveying practice. The candidate should be proficient in the
following roles and ready to take on the following responsibilities.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve in a production capacity for both design and construction oversight of infrastructure and land
- Develop detail site development drawings in conjunction with senior professional engineers
- Enforce project-specific standards and observe construction activities to ensure conformance with
the project plans and specifications
- Perform engineering and design functions as necessary to meet project schedules
- Perform site reviews and construction site visits
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Engineer in Training professional designation from NCEES preferred
- Must be a reliable, efficient self-starter with initiative and a sense of responsibility
- Prior internship experience in Heavy civil design, commercial & residential site planning/site
development, storm water or erosion control design desired
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD/Civil 3D software
- Ability to communicate to others to convey information effectively, by telephone, in written form,
email and in person
- Ability to keep accurate and detailed records and field notes
- Valid Driver's License and considered insurable by insurance standards
Position is located in either Greenville, WI or Waukesha, WI, with extensive travel throughout the Country on a seasonal basis anticipated.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.