Construction Resources Management, Inc.
Construction Safety Manager
CONSTRUCTION RESOURCES MANAGEMENT, INC.
Provides a wide array of construction industry infrastructure to support the Walbec Group of companies.
Our goal is to help people perform their jobs with an emphasis on quality, safety and industry leadership in design, materials and construction serving the highway and heavy construction industries. Specialties include asphalt pavement services and products, aggregates, bridge building and effective project management.
Construction Safety Manager
The Construction Safety Manager will be a leader in the deployment of continuous improvement within programs and systems that support health and safety excellence. Foster a culture of proactive, accountable, engagement and sustainability through robust programs and processes with the primary goal of reducing loss and liability throughout multiple locations. This position will ensure all Environment Health and Safety (EHS) programs and processes are robust and meet regulatory requirements. This key role will lead EHS matters to ensure the Company meets or exceeds legislative, corporate and industry requirements, as well as best practice standards.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a safety-oriented strategy across the region
- Develop specific environmental, health and safety objectives and create action plans to meet those objectives
- Develop strong trusting relationships employees, leadership and subcontractors
- Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Maintain, review and report EHS performance
- Identify opportunities for improvement along with implementing preventative and corrective actions as required
- Work with site leadership team to ensure all key EHS operational controls are in place and that the EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis
- Create a proactive approach to EHS excellence through cross functional cooperation, communication and training
- Oversee internal environmental, health and safety audit actions to ensure regulatory compliance
- Manage the implementation of site specific environmental, health and safety programs
- Provide Safety Policy guidance and interpretation to field management when appropriate
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the Safety Team to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Health and Safety or Human Resource Management
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- Minimum of 3 - 8 years in Safety field, preferably in heavy/highway construction
- OSHA 500 certification
- First Aid/CPR certified
- High knowledge of OSHA 1910 & 1926 rules and regulations
- Must have exceptional skills in building interpersonal relationships, including a high degree of judgment, diplomacy and ability to influence others
- Ability to drive decision making process to conclusions/solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication, consulting, conflict management, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Self-directed and motivated
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- ATSSA Traffic Control Supervisor (TCS) or Traffic Control Technician (TCT)
- ARTBA Safety Certification for Transportation Project Professionals (SCTPP)
This position will be required to travel.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.