Construction Resources Management, Inc.
Construction Resources Management- A Walbec Group Company
Walbec Group is looking to add an Insurance Analyst to there Risk and Insurance Team! The ideal candidate is someone who has a bit of exposure to the insurance industry and wants to learn more. Come join our growing company!
Under the direction of Director of Risk & Insurance, the Insurance Analyst will perform a variety of analytic and administrative functions for the construction companies that make up the Walbec Group. Functions will include analyzing, organizing, tracking and communicating insurance and risk related information utilizing the JD Edwards AS400 database, Risk Management Information System (RMIS - Stars/Origami), Excel spreadsheets, OnBase Document Management System and other software applications. Assist with overall move toward a paperless department by scanning and filing documents.
Role and Responsibilities
- Daily interaction with other departments, outside vendors, insurance agents and brokers on insurance and risk management programs. Work in collaboration with the internal Contract/Legal, Safety and Claims areas.
- Assist internal customers with vendor agreement needs including contract development and distribution using template agreements (i.e. trucking, electrician, service providers, repair shops etc.).
- Telephone/email follow up with vendors for contract and insurance compliance. Collect, track, and file all vendor documents in JDE and OnBase.
- Working with IT, generate and distribute vendor insurance/agreement mailings and status reports from JDE database.
- Evaluate and track specific insurance endorsements (i.e. Additional Insured Forms) for Subcontractors, Traffic Control Subs, Electricians and other classifications of vendors with follow up for compliance.
- Develop, distribute and file outgoing Certificates of Insurance other than those developed for Job Contracts.
- Administer Owner Controlled Insurance Program enrollments and ongoing paperwork (WI DOT, IKEA, Deer District, Etc.) in collaboration with the payroll department.
- Develop data and update monthly, quarterly and annual on-line pre-qualification systems with insurance, risk and safety data.
- Assist with gathering and organizing company insurance underwriting exposure data in excel and RMIS for business intelligence reporting.
- Record and file historic and current insurance policy details and new policies into the RIMS.
- Backup support on railroad insurance, bond and certified payroll requests.
- Update and file all position procedures electronically (vendor agreements/COIs, AI, OCIPs, prequalification).
- Other data development and administrative work as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Insurance, Risk Management, Finance, Business Administration, Paralegal, or similar program
- 1 or more years of experience in insurance, risk management or related fields
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite and RMIS database systems
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract and insurance documents and forms.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work with staff at all levels, both internal and external.
- Strong sense of urgency; good time management and organizational skills
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- Prior experience working with JD Edwards, OnBase and RMIS/database systems
This position may require some travel.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.