Rock Falls Bridge
The Rock Falls Bridge is located on State Road 85 between Durand and Eau Claire in the Town of Rock Creek, Dunn County, WI. The 80-year-old structure was severely deteriorated and in need of replacement. Wisconsin DNR also wanted to remove the dam since it was no longer functioning correctly or holding back the water as it should. Demolition and dam removal began in May 2021, with bridge completion in September 2021.
- Dam removal and bridge demolition.
- Installation of a new single-span bridge structure.
- Replacement of asphaltic bridge approaches
- Regraded Veterans Park in the Town of Rock Creek (adjacent to the bridge).
- Utilized extensive erosion control throughout the project and placed 1,000 CY of rip rap to restore the shorelines.
- Controlling the water during bridge demolition and dam removal required detailed coordination between ZTI, WisDOT, and Wisconsin DNR. ZTI utilized three bypass pumps to pump Rock Creek from one side of the project to the other.