Located in the heart of downtown Milwaukee, the 7seventy7 project is a 35-story luxury apartment community that required a deep piling system to support the structure. Zenith Tech, a Walbec Group family company, provided a comprehensive testing plan and a deep piling system to meet the needs of the project.
- Existing downtown site soils were not capable of supporting the loads created by this new building
- Static and dynamic testing needed to be completed to identify the proper deep piling system
- Tight, downtown site, required precise site logistics plan to keep the project on schedule
- Effective communication of all facets of the plan to keep project stakeholders informed
- Increased single-pile design capacity by 20%
- Reduced the length of the piling by 33% providing significant cost-savings from the contract estimate
- Developed a numbered-sequence, pile-by-pile schedule to allow earth retention, excavation, pile driving, concrete work, and other trades to work concurrently in a tight project site
- Increased load-bearing capacity of piles
- Achieved project results within a tight schedule
DEEP PILE FOUNDATIONS
A partnership with Walbec ensures that your foundation work is completed safely and efficiently to meet or expedite your project schedule. Many deep foundation designs within Milwaukee are predominantly cast-in-place piling, a system our team is extremely familiar with. We can also complete all required static load tests or Case Pile Wave Analysis Program CAPWAP® with PDA monitoring to ensure a successful foundation.