Walbec Solar Initiatives
part of our commitment to sustainability, we have implemented several
initiatives to reduce our carbon footprint and promote renewable energy. One of
the most recent initiatives was the installation of solar panels on the roof of
Northeast Asphalt's (NEA) Green Bay office. Our contracted vendor completed this project in
just four days, and these panels now provide 100% power to the office. The
panels were attached using standing seam roof clamps with no roof
solar panels offers numerous benefits, including:
- Cost savings: Solar panels generate electricity from sunlight, reducing reliance on grid power and lowering energy costs. Over a relatively short return on investment period (10-12 years), the savings on electricity bills will offset the initial investment.
- Renewable energy: Solar power is a clean and renewable energy source. Using solar panels, Walbec reduces our carbon footprint and contributes to environmental sustainability.
- Tax incentives and rebates: Many governments and local authorities provide tax incentives, grants, and rebates to promote solar energy adoption. These financial incentives can help offset the installation and maintenance costs.
- Brand image and reputation: At Walbec, one of our core values is to work safely, sustainably, and ethically. As environmental stewards, Walbec team members must see our commitment to green initiatives in action as we continue cultivating a positive culture of respect.
- Long-term investment: With a lifespan of 25-30 years, investing in solar energy provides a long-term and predictable source of electricity, reducing future energy cost uncertainties.
- Durability and low maintenance: Solar panels are durable, require minimal maintenance, and have no moving parts. With timely inspections, these panels continue to perform optimally.