We are also hiring for other Equipment & Repair positions including:
- Auto Light Truck Mechanic (Waukesha, WI)
- Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Waukesha, WI)
- Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Lannon, WI)
- Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Appleton, WI)
Payne + Dolan, Inc., a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Payne + Dolan, Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Welder in our shop and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2022 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for a Welder/Fabricator responsible for welding and assembling metal components on heavy equipment. This position also includes Bore Welding of heavy equipment parts.
- Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful. We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- Monday-Friday 6am-3pm, with possible overtime and some Saturdays.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Be able to tolerate and work in variable weather conditions, and work in dirty and dusty environments.
- Some welding experience on heavy equipment.
- Certified D1, D14.3/D14.3M preferred, or the ability to obtain certifications paid for by company within 6 months.
- Bore welding of equipment parts (training available)
- Be willing to perform other duties in the shop when welding work is not necessary.
- Access areas to be welded by climbing ladder if needed.
- Use disc grinder to smooth out, weld, or grind parts prior to welding.
- Operate manual and automated welding units and equipment by depositing metal from electrode to work piece and joins edges of work piece.
- Maintain length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead.
- Weld in flat and vertical planes (all position welding).
- Examine weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Fabricate new or replacement parts using hand and small power tools.
- Perform other general labor duties as required and assigned.
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.