We are also hiring for other Construction Materials Management positions including:
- Crushing and Washing Manager (Green Bay, WI)
- Crushing and Washing Manager (Waukesha, WI)
Aggregate Site Quarry Manager - Mining Operations
Payne + Dolan Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Payne + Dolan of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as an Aggregate Site Quarry Manager - Mining Operations and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Multi-year Milwaukee Business Journal Best Place to Work honoree and a Best Place to Work by Employ Humanity.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for an Aggregate Site Quarry Manager - Mining Operations responsible for:
- Promote & ensure safety at all times.
- Understand & comply with all MSHA regulations. Work closely with all team members, including safety department, to ensure a safe workplace.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental needs & requirements.
- Direct & oversee all material processing operations, including, but not limited to: Production schedule, performance goals, product allocations, inventory management & product specifications.
- Understand all site related equipment needs; optimize fleet performance & utilization.
- Manage and complete all approved capital improvement projects within budget.
- Work with land resource department to develop short- and long-term site operations plans detailing the most advisable and economical direction to mine a particular site, including the location of berms, overburden stockpiles, bench utilization, plant sites, haul roads, wash ponds, etc.
- Direct & support site lead(s) on planning and implementation of the operations plans.
- Supervise and continually provide training, coaching & development of site employees.
- Coordinate completion of necessary site work including stripping and overburden management.
- Ensure professional appearance and aesthetics of site(s) at all times.
- Supervise and coordinate with drilling and blasting supervisor for all drilling and blasting needs for the site.
- Review and approve invoices, assign costs to proper sites or jobs.
- Manage subcontractors when performing work on site(s).
- Prepare monthly production inventory booking in accordance with budget and monthly inventory reconciliation to ensure accuracy.
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays. We are big fans of our "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company-paid short-and long-term disability with company contribution, paid parental leave, profit sharing, and a robust Walbec training program.
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in crushing and washing production, quarry, and personnel management in the aggregate and or mining industry.
- Must be safety oriented including detailed knowledge of the Mine Safety & Health Administration safety regulations, compliance and inspection process required.
- Experience with all aspects of quarry operations management including permitting, earthmoving, crushing and washing production, load out and subcontractor management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with AggFLOW preferred.
- Experience in crusher design and layout
- Willingness to provide or obtain aggregate material testing certifications as required.
- Ability to travel locally and regionally.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be a team player
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members drive innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative and exciting projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!