We are also hiring for other Engineering & Surveying positions including:
- Professional Civil Engineer (Appleton, WI)
- Construction Surveyor (No experience required) (Waukesha, WI)
- Professional Land Surveyor (Appleton, WI)
- Construction Surveyor (Waukesha, WI)
Professional Land Surveyor
Payne + Dolan, Inc. - Engineering and Surveying Group - a Walbec Group Company
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Do you enjoy working on a wide variety of private development site civil design and land surveying projects? Are you someone who is ready to put your stamp on the future of community growth and development? Our professional services teams enjoy the stability and benefits of working within a larger family of companies, while contributing their knowledge and professional expertise into solving our client's unique challenges.
Payne + Dolan is currently seeking a Professional Land Surveyor in Gladstone, MI. Come be a part of our industry leading, full service civil engineering and land surveying group and see why we were Multi-year Milwaukee Business Journal Best Place to Work honoree and a Best Place to Work by Employ Humanity.
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, the Professional Land Surveyor will perform various land surveying functions on projects throughout Wisconsin.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interacting with clients and co-workers to determine surveying scope of services and assisting in fee estimate and proposal generation.
- Researching public records to determine existing property boundaries, easements and other property related land surveying information.
- Performing various types of land surveys, such as boundary surveys, topographical surveys and construction surveying, including layout and structure staking.
- Drafting land division instruments and survey basemaps using AutoCAD Civil3D.
- Creating and recreating proposed surfaces for construction layout purposes.
- Work with Project Managers and Project Engineers to understand project instructions and responsibilities, scope of work, scheduling and budget.
- Coordinate project requirements (tasks, duties, budgets, schedules, etc.) with team members and provide assistance to complete required tasks.
- Mentor and develop survey field staff with registration in mind.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- Michigan Professional Land Surveyors license Required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a land surveying crew chief.
- Land division and boundary resolution experience.
- Must be a reliable, efficient self-starter with initiative and a sense of responsibility.
- Strong communication and time-management skills are required.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record, with extensive travel anticipated.
- We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!Apply Now