We are also hiring for other Construction Management positions including:
Prefabrication Project Engineer
Prefabrication Project Engineer
Zenith Tech Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Zenith Tech of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Prefabrication Project Engineer and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Multi-year Milwaukee Business Journal Best Place to Work honoree and a Best Place to Work by Employ Humanity.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for a Prefabrication Project Engineer responsible for all material takeoffs for field operations projects within Zenith Tech.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Draw simple formwork drawings for Field Operations
- Work with the Fabrication Shop employees to make sure all lists are complete and accurate
- Perform all material takeoffs/material lists for the Fabrication Shop employees
- Work with the Foreman/Construction Manager to review takeoffs and material lists and ensure the Field Operations has all the correct materials
- Perform work in accordance with Walbec Group Core Values.
- Help to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating appropriately with coworkers, management, and clients if needed.
- Work with subcontractors to ensure we have all the needed hangers/inserts
- Complete plan take offs of all rebar accessories needed for project
- Work with Operations/Estimating Pre-Bid where needed
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays. We are big fans of our "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company-paid short-and long-term disability with company contribution, paid parental leave, profit sharing, and a robust Walbec training program.
- Zenith Tech is located primarily in Waukesha, WI, but projects will vary by location throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota and the U.P. of Michigan, so reliable transportation and/or a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed.
- Good communication skills.
- Valid Driver's License and considered insurable by insurance standards
- Be a motivated self-starter and have the ability thoroughly think through activities and be able to plan for future tasks on jobsite.
- Ability to manage time of self and others
- Ability to direct, motivate, and develop others
- Simple construction knowledge as how projects are built
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members drive innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative and exciting projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!Apply Now