Union Scale - hourly
We are also hiring for other Site Development Construction positions including:
- Pipelayer (Madison, WI)
Heavy Civil Operator
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, site development, and bridge construction? Parisi, a Walbec Group company, has a place for hard-working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a HEAVY CIVIL OPERATOR and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture, and work with an industry-leading company in heavy road and highway construction.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2021 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for an OPERATOR in Heavy Civil construction, responsible for operating several types of power construction equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This equipment is specific to but not limited to dozers, excavators, rollers, loaders, haul trucks, motor graders, and skid steers.
- Our union employees enjoy the quality benefits provided by our union partners. Additionally, union employees have access to a variety of training on our Walbec employee website portal for personal and professional development.
- We are based in Verona, Wisconsin, and work on projects approximately within a 100-mile radius of Madison.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record.
- GPS Machine Control knowledge preferred
- Class A CDL is preferred
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred
- Must be punctual and dependable
- Have the ability to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed
- Be able to tolerate and work in variable weather conditions, and work in dirty and dusty environments
- Member of the appropriate trade union or willingness to become a union member is required. Union membership is not required prior to employment. Our Human Resources Department is available to assist in that process as needed.
- Prior experience in road building, earth moving, site grading, landscaping, or sewer/water.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Excellent wages and benefits packages are offered through local trade union(s).
- Job security - We are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
Parisi is committed to a drug-free workplace. We participate in a random drug testing program that objectively selects employees for drug testing. Drug testing is also performed at the time of an accident or when there is probable cause.
Parisi is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!