We are also hiring for other Engineering & Surveying positions including:
GPS/Machine Control Specialist
GPS/Machine Control Specialist
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Parisi Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a GPS/Machine Control Specialist and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Multi-year Milwaukee Business Journal Best Place to Work honoree and a Best Place to Work by Employ Humanity.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. https://www.walbecgroup.com/projects
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
Under the direction of the Vice President, The GPS/Machine Control Specialist will work in GPS grade control and machine control applications. This position will work closely with all parts of the company to support and further our investment in machine control work.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Localizing sites for control and base station set-up.
- Installing machine control models into equipment for field use.
- Supporting field operations through on-site QC checks and training new personnel in the use of the equipment.
- Trouble shooting grade control equipment.
- Working with outside vendors for 3D machine control model building.
- Working to build or modify existing 3D models as necessary using Carlson software.
- Some survey layout for construction.
- GPS equipment selection, maintenance, and troubleshooting. Topcon equipment experience preferred.
- Quantity calculations as necessary for payment (area, length, and volumes).
- Support our drone survey operations.
- This position is part field and part office work, with a lot of room for growth
Team members at Parisi, Inc. are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like health, dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, and HRA contribution, company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- This role is in the Madison area, but projects will vary by location throughout the local area, or the state, so reliable transportation and/or a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed.
- Qualified Candidates will have an Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Civil Technology or Construction Management or relevant on the job experience
- We are willing to train a motivated candidate who is passionate about the industry
- Valid Driver's License and considered insurable by insurance standards
- Ability to communicate to others to convey information effectively, either by telephone, in written form, email, or in person
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Ability to manage own time and the time of others
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands that the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!Apply Now